Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Something you probably didn't know about me....

In this life we all have our own way of dealing with stress and hardships. Some drink, some use drugs, some pray, etc. Well I handle stress pretty well I think. I was blessed with the ability to "think on my feet", I work well under stress. But I am human and I have my breaking points. One thing I do is when I am alone and I have a lot of stress and drama on my mind, I cry. I sit and think or listen to sad music and cry hard. Crying like this helps me release my pain and in essence clears my mind out. One song that breaks me down always is Boyz II Men: A Song for Mama, I can't listen to half the song without crying like a baby.

My reason for opening up and sharing this is I currently am having a lot of issues which to be honest I don't wanna share right now. So as I sat alone at home playing this video repeatedly and crying my brains out. I saw this comment,
"At 3 years ''Mommy I love you."
At 14 years ''Mom whatever."
At 16 years "My mom is so annoying."
At 18 years "I'm leaving this house."
At 25 years''Mom, you were right''.
At 30 years "'I want to go to Mom's house."
At 50 years ''I don't want to lose my mom."
At 70 years "I would give up everything to have my mom here with me."

You only have one mom...love your mom with all your heart!"

This comment bothered me greatly, not because it was offensive or anything like that. It's because in my life I didn't even get a chance to get to the second line. My mother passed away in 1990 around the time I turned 10. I am now 31 years old right now. My mom has been gone for 21 years and it hurts like it happened yesterday. I don't ever think this wound will ever heal. With all the pain in my life, with all the stress, with all the drama none of it will ever compare to the pain I felt when my Mommy died. My heart physically hurts as I write this.

With all that being said I see some hope. I survived losing my mom and everything else in my life. My heart still hurts and will always hurt, yet it beats strong. I still push on. Things are hard right now but I will (God willing) over come all of this. I will rise again like a brilliant fat fucking phoenix!

"And you took up for me
When everyone was downin' me
You always did understand
You gave me strength to go on

There was so many times
Looking back when I was so afraid
And then you come to me and say to me
I can face anything

And no one else can do
What you have done for me
You'll always be, you will always be..."

I will be alright, I know this because my mother taught me to survive through anything. I never forgot what Mommy taught me, and I never will. I miss you Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment