Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mommy can you hear me?

It's 7:29am on Mother's day, I was awakened because a way too violent and sinful dream. That's not my blog today. As I write this am listening to a Pastor preach on Youtube. Sometimes you need a little on mental and spiritual "cleansing". This is not the subject of my blog today. Today in the spirit of Mommy's Day my blog is about my mom. My mother's name is Rosa Perez, she died in 1990. I think back to beyond 21 years (damn I'm getting old) to a more simpler time, a time where I was a little boy and my mom was alive. My mother was a good woman, very strong and loving. I think I get my heart from her, she cared about people, very compassionate. I remember after my dad was arrested we lost our apartment and my mom made sure I never slept in the street. She got us a new place quick. She made sure I always had a Christmas full of toys and love. **Writing this right now is becoming very painful, I am trying to continue. It's hard to type and cry. Thank goodness I never started a vlog. a fat man crying is not a pretty site.** My mom raised me as best she could. I have memories of her pleading with the Con-Ed workers who came and shut off our power to leave the gas on so that she could cook for me, they did. I remember her nailing in wires to make a shelf on our window ledge to store milk outside in the winter. My mom would make shadow puppets by candle light to entertain me. We would also play cards, board games, and tell stories. Though times were really rough she never let me feel as if they were. As things got better she continued to be a great mom. She read to me and made sure I was a great reader as a young child. She took in my cousin and raised him for many years. She taught him to read when his schools would just pass him along because of his age. She made sure he could read and do it well. My mom didn't play when it came to education, no piss poor grades in her house lol. My mom whooped me only one time. I don't remember what I did but I remember a thick white leather belt and her picking my up by one leg and flash. What happened next I do not remember, but whatever I did I never did again. My dad came home and shortly after that my life got better. Voltrons and kickass toys, fun family trips, good times. My mom will always be "Mommy" in my eyes. While my mom was getting sick and very skinny I still saw her as my happy loving Mommy. They day before my mom died she called the house and she spoke to everyone but when it was my turn to talk to her I didn't because I was playing Super Mario Bros 3. I told them to tell her I would talk to her tomorrow. Well.... I guess tomorrow never came. I miss my mom terribly. I would give my left arm just to talk to her or hug her...
It may seem as if my thoughts are all over the place but due to time and stuff my memories of my mom play like Youtube videos. On this Mother's Day guys I would like to to express this thought. Cherish you moms, you never know when they will be gone. And when they are gone you will never get them back. Over the years my close friends' moms have looked out for me and really shown me love. I would like to tell Nancy, Cookie, Mama Floe(in heaven) thank you and I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment